San Bernardino’s lead prosecutor for gangs (Deputy District Attorney Michael Selyem) has said vicious things against Congresswoman Maxine Waters, but has faced no disciplinary actions.
From the Roots article and the Orange County Register:
- Regarding California Congresswoman Maxine Waters: “Being a loud-mouthed cunt in the ghetto you would think someone would have shot this bitch by now …”
- A Photoshopped image of Michelle Obama holding up a sign that reads, “Trump grabbed my penis.”
- Arguing with an online commenter about the police-involved shooting of a civilian: “That shitbag got exactly what he deserved. … You reap what you sow. And by the way go fuck yourself you liberal shitbag.”
- A photo of a man in a giant sombrero with the caption, “Mexican word of the day: Hide.”
- A caption alongside a Breitbart post about Budweiser’s Super Bowl ad celebrating immigrant success stories, “I am all for white males immigrating here legally and starting a business. It is the terrorist a–holes sneaking in here wanting to kill me an (sic) my family that I am opposed to.”
There is much more that was said and how he promotes Trump. This is hard to believe that the calls for the Deputy District Attorney has not been forced to resign yet. IF people in public office would also lose their pensions for horrible actions, this would limit these racists from these horrible comments being uttered in public?
A larger question must be asked: If this person is so outrageously and brazenly racist with these comments how racist has he been in his career? And how many instances has this affected his dealings with the public? Has any miscarriage of justice been a result of his racist viewpoints?
Further from the same Roots article:
Pedro Cala, a Los Angeles accountant, was forwarded screenshots of Selyem’s rants before the attorney deleted his account. Cala says he received them from someone who used to work in the San Bernadino District Attorney’s Office.
“I fail to see how this man can be impartial in his solemn task of helping to seek truth and justice,” said Cala, who forwarded the screenshots to public officials and the Southern California News Group.
“He literally holds the lives of citizens in his hands, and it’s just not right,” Cala told the Register.
“I am disgusted by his spouting of racist, xenophobic and sexist posts,” he said. “A person that harbors these types of views, and feels such courage to espouse them with impunity, does not belong in the District Attorney’s office administering prejudiced and jaundiced jurisprudence.”